Pre-blog, I attempted New Look 6020 in this green fabric I picked up in a shop in Wales, purely because I had enough fabric to do it. This is the same pattern I used to make the bodice in this blog. The dress turned out OK (just) but didn’t fit great and even though it travelled to Northumberland and flew all the way to Rhodes with me, I still didn’t wear it.
So, I’ve decided to refashion it.
I unpicked and removed the bodice from the skirt and reattached the skirt to a waist band I made using the remaining fabric. I stuck a green invisible zip in the back and it was done!
The skirt was originally made from 6 panels and fit in my self-drafted waistband perfectly, which was a surprise! The panels make it a lovely, A-line shape, which is helped by the floaty fabric. Hopefully I will be able to wear it more like this, though winter is coming (blatant GofT reference there) and I’m not sure how well it will go over tights.
I left the length so I didn’t have to touch the hem, which I had zig-zagged originally. Easy!
I wore this with a white blouse for work and received lots of compliments! I think the shape is super flattering. The waistline means I don’t need a belt, it just looks good with one!