Can I start by saying I don’t care if you don’t like my horrible pun of a title. Personally I think I am a genius!!
My first blog post documented my struggles with making a bodice from New Look 6020 in this funky check fabric. It was left on a real cliff hanger, which was me returning to my seam ripper to take out the zip, which was too short. Gripping stuff I know…
Anyway, a much longer zip arrived- Yay! So naturally I inserted it in to the length of the dress.
Sadly, it made my checks go so bit wonky at the bottom of the bodice. 😦 Then I completed the hem and my New Look/Prima dress mash-up is complete and perfect for my work style and it really brightens up my work wardrobe. Now that I’ve tried it; I will definitely try different fittings and pattern pieces because it meant I could fit a larger top half to a small bottom. I just need to learn to do this with more skill!
It fits but it is very SNUG so no pics of me wearing it until a few more weight watchers meetings I reckon! So glad to have this one complete though! My Mum came to stay at weekend and this was hung in the spare room; she spotted it and was impressed with my improving skills so yay! Got to work on some pattern matching though!